Quote:
What are your most likely SHTF situations, and what gear and supplies do you have in your various kits and BOBs to tailor them to those situations?
I'm in the southwest, but far enough into suburbia that wildfires will probably not be a direct threat. Wildfires usually start in the back-country here and give lots of warning so that I can repack the truck, fill the gas tank and basically take my time getting ready. I store lots of stuff in the back of my truck while wildfires threaten.

Earthquakes are what really have the potential to affect me IF it strikes close and is big. We feel small ones all the time. If it's big enough it has the potential to shut down highways and drop overpasses and bridges. There's been a program to reinforce the overpasses/bridges, but who's to say if they can really withstand the Big One. For that reason I continually have a 96 hour kit and camping gear in the back of my truck; I can hang out and wait for the situation to clear up no matter where I am when it hits. That said, the major faults are a good distance from here so for me the big issue is infrastructure -- water and electricity. We can go about a week with the water on hand. For electricity I'm looking at a small solar portable system to charge my laptop and batteries.

Terrorist: I work on what would be considered a hard-target so it's again a matter of infrastructure. See earthquakes.