Sorry if this is an old topic, but my search didn't turn up anything.
What are the top 5 books that you'd be sure to include in your packing for whatever disaster or emergency you prepare for?
I'll assume that if you have deeply held religious beliefs, you'll include your scriptures or sacred writings. You may also include the the Constitution or other founding documents, so we'll assume these are in addition to the five.
My list would start with:
1) A Sense of Survival by J. Allan South
2) Where There Is No Doctor: A Village Health Care Handbook by David Werner, Carol Thuman & Jane Maxwell
3) Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen
4) Wild Edible & Medicinal Plants of (my region)
5) Nuclear War Survival Skills by Cresson Kearny
Electronic media now allows you to carry hundreds of books, so these would be the five you would not, under any circumstances, delete from your device.