The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

11/27/15 08:10 PM Senior kayaker separated from party - solutions? by TeacherRO

Older story, but worth a look.

kayaker has unplanned overnight

A small kit (and a big plan) would have made all the difference

163 Views · 5 Comments
11/27/15 01:39 PM Mobile App Developer? by Doug_Ritter

Hoping that the ETS brain trust might be able to assist. Knife Rights is looking to develop Version 2 of its groundbreaking LegalBlade™ App (iOS and Android). As some here might recall, the original was developed in a matter of a few weeks a few years ago. The interface left a lot to be desired and it's now time to improve that as well as add some additional features that a few years' use has shown would be valuable, such as geo-referencing.

The original app was developed by a Bangladesh group that I found via Freelancer.com. I have all the source code. They did a great job in the minimal time available, but they have moved on and have no interest in further work on the app. I realize that using Freelancer.com and rolling the dice it came up a winner, but could well have not. This time around I have a modestly larger source of funding, although probably nowhere near what would be viable for a pure commercial project. In any case, I am looking to find an app developer who can do this work for a 501(c)(3) non-profit for a modest fee over the next few months. Any suggestions or offers would be much appreciated.

155 Views · 2 Comments
11/27/15 02:34 AM Thanksgiving by pforeman

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. I am lucky enough to have family all around the next couple of days and the simple joy of having meals together.

To any who have to work, are called out for work or something - stay safe and get home soon.

For any who are not doing the traditional thing - the best to you and yours and my this be a special Thursday for you as well!

83 Views · 0 Comments
11/26/15 04:01 AM Survival Library by Tirec

Sorry if this is an old topic, but my search didn't turn up anything.

What are the top 5 books that you'd be sure to include in your packing for whatever disaster or emergency you prepare for?

I'll assume that if you have deeply held religious beliefs, you'll include your scriptures or sacred writings. You may also include the the Constitution or other founding documents, so we'll assume these are in addition to the five.

My list would start with:
1) A Sense of Survival by J. Allan South
2) Where There Is No Doctor: A Village Health Care Handbook by David Werner, Carol Thuman & Jane Maxwell
3) Outdoor Survival Skills by Larry Dean Olsen
4) Wild Edible & Medicinal Plants of (my region)
5) Nuclear War Survival Skills by Cresson Kearny

Electronic media now allows you to carry hundreds of books, so these would be the five you would not, under any circumstances, delete from your device.

430 Views · 14 Comments
11/22/15 05:04 AM PocketRocket knockoff questions by xavier01

I have two of the PocketRocket knockoffs.

When I screw on a canister (Primus Power Gas) on one, fuel sprays out. On the other stove, no fuel sprays out. Does anyone know why this is and is there a way to keep this wasting-of-fuel from happening?

Thank you, Sincerely.

497 Views · 5 Comments
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Who's Online
2 registered (Russ, Jeanette_Isabelle), 80 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
denise123cooper, Mikeel, opatseg, Mr47, TXLe
5120 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Thanksgiving Day in the U.S.A.
by Phaedrus
Today at 07:40 AM
Senior kayaker separated from party - solutions?
by dougwalkabout
Today at 05:14 AM
Iceland SAR
by dougwalkabout
Today at 05:05 AM
It is very quiet in here!
by benjammin
Today at 02:06 AM
Survival Library
by clearwater
Today at 12:15 AM
Alternative uses for a whiskey flask...
by clearwater
Today at 12:13 AM
3D Printer for prepping and survival
by Alex
Yesterday at 08:30 AM
Mobile App Developer?
by Doug_Ritter
Yesterday at 03:33 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.