Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Yesterday at 01:47 AM burnaway plus by hamiamham

hear great things but I'm finding it difficult to find on-line without paying $20 to ship $20 worth of items. Does anyone have an alternate source for this product?

334 Views · 9 Comments
02/08/16 12:02 AM No Money, No Internet! by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor

Cash money is so unfashionable today, the Banks hate the stuff so much they are calling to ban the promise the pay the bearer.
Last week the largest ISP in the UK (British Telecom) stopped working for 2 Hrs. Many businesses are still dealing with the consequences 5 days later. You would be surprised how many SME's rely on Credit Card/Payment cards connected to very basic home grade router some even using wireless with the most basic (i.e basically none) security encryption.
You will be surprised how many businesses would have factory reset those routers during that 2 hour down time.

The day when an EMP or a simple fat pipe network attack and no money will lead to utter chaos. How long now?

356 Views · 6 Comments
02/05/16 01:49 AM Local Medivac survival kit by CJK

It dawned on me one day that the MEDIVAC chopper in the bay of the building I'm stationed at may allow me to get some hands on with some 'survival stuff'.

The aircrew (all known to me) surprised me by saying that the FAA doesn't require them to have a 'PSK'. Their flights are occasionally over water and they comply with all the FAA requirements.... But the PSK.....Here's their list....

Signal mirror
Compass
Striker
Food (emergency ration)
Fishing kit
2 AAA batteries
Hatchet
Yellow strap and hook
Multi purpose pocket tool
Rescue blanket
2 Drinking water
Plastic canteen
Flashlight
Knife
Whistle
Bug repellent wipes
Signal flare

FAK:
Aspirin
Tylenol
Bandaids
2- 2x2 sterile gauze
Butterfly wound closures
Gloves
1/2 in tape
Antibiotic ointment
Antibiotic wipes
Trauma pad.

This is just the kit on the bird. It doesn't include personal EDC stuff.

I am looking forward to seeing it. They just cracked it open (every 3 months) to check. I'll get to see it at next inspection if I'm lucky. Can't wait to see the quality.

469 Views · 5 Comments
02/02/16 04:04 AM I need tour ideas of the perfect flashlight! by sybert777

Short and sweet, describe all of the features your ideal flashlight would have. I understand this topic was discussed a while back and do not wish to revive an old thread, as I have taken notes from it and using what I can. With technology becoming more and more advanced, I will see what is possible.

1533 Views · 37 Comments
02/01/16 01:01 AM Seashore Foraging by dweste

Decided to add seashore foraging for food/materials to my skill set. Been reading. Anyone know of a good Northern California course to accelerate the learning/experience process?

Thanks.

669 Views · 13 Comments
February
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29
Who's Online
3 registered (dweste, Eugene, katarin), 164 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Archibald_Tuttle, stuffys, adecmarine, PinkRanger, TheSurvivorBucket
5133 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Local Medivac survival kit
by hikermor
01:48 AM
No Money, No Internet!
by M_a_x
08:31 PM
burnaway plus
by chaosmagnet
05:58 PM
Post-Apoc Film Find (1959)
by quick_joey_small
05:33 PM
Just For Fun
by jshannon
04:46 PM
Is it worth upgrading my gps?
by jshannon
04:44 PM
Weaving the Bridge at Q’eswachaka
by Phaedrus
02/08/16 09:14 PM
Not a "For Sale" post, but...
by sybert777
02/08/16 12:39 PM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.