Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

10/10/15 04:11 PM Eneloop at Costco by CJK

Just an FYI, Costco has Eneloop and charger for about 30 dollars. Has a charger and AA and AAA batteries. The package stated the charger is made in China and the batteries are made in Japan.

Usual disclaimer....

191 Views · 1 Comments
10/10/15 12:11 PM Key chain/ring fire starter by Cauldronborn2

Hi folk's

It's been quite a while since I last posted but I came across this fire starter and since I've been looking for something like it for awhile I thought I should share it.

I have not bought one yet although I do intend to get one so I can't say anything about the quality ect.

Also when I was trying to get some info on this product I came across this similar looking one, there's also a few other key chain/ring EDC items on the site although I haven't figured out how buy them.

290 Views · 5 Comments
10/09/15 09:19 AM Doug Ritter light operation by quick_joey_small

Finally got some of Dougs little freedom lights and they are great! I'm literally dazzled from trying them and that is in broad daylight.
Good thinking on the tube to focus the light. They'd be painful to operate for long at full power. I notice Photon offer the tube themselves now.
But; I'm struggling to get them into anything but one press of the button turns them off and on. No signalling modes.
And I can't find the instructions to operate it in half power on the Photon web site. Anyone know how to do this?

503 Views · 8 Comments
10/09/15 05:55 AM Expired stuff... by ATN

Most things have an expiration date although most things aren't good one day and bad the next. How long have things gone past the expiration date and still been effective?

341 Views · 5 Comments
10/08/15 09:41 PM Iodine water disinfection-long term storage by JeffMc

I have some iodine tablets put up in survival kits in which I have tried to avoid anything that expires. I had the apparently false impression that iodine tablets last for a very long time if left sealed in their original sealed container, but the manufacturer states their tablets only have a four year shelf life.

I understand that Polar Pure, which I have used in the past is back in production. But their bottles are too large for my purpose. So my question is, could I re-use the old tablet bottles with iodine crystals, and how would I go about that?

I know I'd need some crystals and some sort of retaining screen that can stand up to iodine long-term. Would the volume of those small bottles allow for enough water to make up a "dose" for at least a liter of water, and how long would it take for additional water to be ready to use for the next dose?

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

520 Views · 12 Comments
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (katarin, UTAlumnus, Alex, ireckon), 54 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ROADGUNNER, akuwuban, engeles, Colder, mharrison
5111 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Ideal Place to Live
by Alex
34 minutes 53 seconds ago
Old Tech is New Again
by Alex
Today at 09:28 PM
Building a Tiled Roof Hut
by Alex
Today at 09:04 PM
1,000 year flood
by Tjin
Today at 08:56 PM
Solomon Bar Fish (zipper pull/key fob)
by TonyE
Today at 08:50 PM
Updated one of my EDC flashlight
by Alex
Today at 08:24 PM
Doug Ritter light operation
by Alex
Today at 07:09 PM
The Long Walk
Today at 12:49 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.