Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Yesterday at 09:19 AM Doug Ritter light operation by quick_joey_small

Finally got some of Dougs little freedom lights and they are great! I'm literally dazzled from trying them and that is in broad daylight.
Good thinking on the tube to focus the light. They'd be painful to operate for long at full power. I notice Photon offer the tube themselves now.
But; I'm struggling to get them into anything but one press of the button turns them off and on. No signalling modes.
And I can't find the instructions to operate it in half power on the Photon web site. Anyone know how to do this?

125 Views · 4 Comments
Yesterday at 05:55 AM Expired stuff... by ATN

Most things have an expiration date although most things aren't good one day and bad the next. How long have things gone past the expiration date and still been effective?

159 Views · 5 Comments
10/08/15 09:41 PM Iodine water disinfection-long term storage by JeffMc

I have some iodine tablets put up in survival kits in which I have tried to avoid anything that expires. I had the apparently false impression that iodine tablets last for a very long time if left sealed in their original sealed container, but the manufacturer states their tablets only have a four year shelf life.

I understand that Polar Pure, which I have used in the past is back in production. But their bottles are too large for my purpose. So my question is, could I re-use the old tablet bottles with iodine crystals, and how would I go about that?

I know I'd need some crystals and some sort of retaining screen that can stand up to iodine long-term. Would the volume of those small bottles allow for enough water to make up a "dose" for at least a liter of water, and how long would it take for additional water to be ready to use for the next dose?

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

171 Views · 4 Comments
10/05/15 08:01 PM 1,000 year flood by TeacherRO

following the flooding in South Carolina. Seventeen and some inches of rain...finally over. Will add a link

233 Views · 1 Comments
09/26/15 11:57 PM Enlighten me! by hikermor

I have three ACR 4F strobe lights, an old (80's or so strobe light) that have been modified to run on two CR123A batteries instead of the original equipment mercury battery. I note that my recent flashlight acquisitions running a 18650 battery can also accept two CR123s. So, is it possible to stuff a 18650 into the 4F and operate it properly? Or will the whole thing melt down?

I suppose I could just try it, but, as always, I am extremely prudent and seek expert advice....

627 Views · 3 Comments
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (UTAlumnus, bkcz, Dagny), 51 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ROADGUNNER, akuwuban, engeles, Colder, mharrison
5111 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Dragon Fly Knot Hanger
by TonyE
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
The Long Walk
by KenK
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
The Cat's Pajamas
by KenK
Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Iodine water disinfection-long term storage
by clearwater
Yesterday at 09:45 PM
Doug Ritter light operation
by marantz
Yesterday at 09:01 PM
Expired stuff...
by JeffMc
Yesterday at 07:48 PM
Security using public wifi?
by chaosmagnet
10/07/15 12:24 PM
Novel Grizzly self defense
by Phaedrus
10/07/15 06:21 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.