Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Today at 06:29 PM time for the 'Winter Car kit" by TeacherRO

Time to throw the blizzard kit into various cars...and change out the food packs.

19 Views · 0 Comments
12/13/14 07:39 PM Equipped to Survive the Holidaze by benjammin

It seems every year this time I put on a little extra fat reserve while the wife and I produce prodigious amounts of goodies. Of course, being old school, everything we make is either full of sugar, or fat, or usually both.

With the advance of years comes the slowing of metabolism and a general desire to lounge more and exert less. This year I've noticed the pudge has increased more than the usual snug belt, and I've had to make use of the next notch out more than I would like.

My quest continues to perfect the ultimate fruitcake recipe. This year's is about spot on. I still haven't solved the NSA buckeye dilemma yet. Just can't find a decent way to properly thicken the peanut butter center without using powdered sugar. Well, maybe next year...

Meanwhile, the cookies, candies, cheese and meat trays continue to pile up. We are gonna have to make yet another trip around to the friends' homes and see if we can talk them into taking more of this stuff off our hands, before I either become a diabetic or have a blockage.

Just in case, I am keeping a bottle of aspirin handy, and taking my krill oil pills and cinammon capsules twice a day until this indulgent little apocalypse is over.

Merry Christmas everyone.

459 Views · 4 Comments
12/11/14 07:50 PM Reliability of news sources by TeacherRO

Interesting disclaimer here -- Some of these pictures may be fakes

_ edit - the link was censored for some reason - you can go and look it up search mother jones and san francisco flooding

346 Views · 0 Comments
12/11/14 06:26 AM Man survives 12 days at sea by Bingley

Quote:
"I'm a fisherman so I caught fish; it wasn't as good as a sushi bar, but that's how I hydrated," he said.

Man Survived 12 Days Stranded at Sea by Eating Fish, Rigging Radio

534 Views · 4 Comments
12/05/14 04:47 AM Cascadia fault locked up by Arney

I knew that the Cascadia Subduction Zone was ripe for a big quake, but I had no idea that the whole fault has apparently been totally locked up for some time now. Scientists have studied the length of the fault and they can't detect any movement.

The stress can only be growing each day, and one day, all that pent up energy will be unleashed. Massive quake as well as a big tsunami. I read about it here.

647 Views · 4 Comments
December
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (wildman800, hikermor, Herman30), 62 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Umair, Trevor, RtQDXp, fyrwokr, DonnieH
5070 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Small belt packs
by hikermor
08:40 PM
Looking for a watch.
by Mark_R
08:35 PM
time for the 'Winter Car kit"
by TeacherRO
06:29 PM
Treasury Ordering "Survival Kits" For Bankers
by Mark_R
06:27 PM
solar charging question
by Russ
04:05 PM
Childhood Survival Books
by clearwater
04:48 PM
a couple anecdotes on backup navigation gear
by BruceZed
12/16/14 11:57 PM
water caching
by Tom_L
12/15/14 08:06 AM
Newest Images
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
70's Buck 501
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.