Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

42 minutes 42 seconds ago Social Interaction in Survival Situtions by hikermor

https://www.climbing.com/people/lessons-from-the-cave/

Just ran across this rather thoughtful piece. It would seem to have implications for interpersonal relationships in survival conditions, almost by definition times when people are stressed - emotionally and physically.

On a much less epic scale, i have come to realize that many of SAR experiences have put me in somewhat similar situations, although for shorter periods. Certainly there are other situations which breed similar responses...

Note that the author does not claim that all situations will resolve equally well.

0 Views · 0 Comments
Today at 05:12 PM Regrets? by CJK

Ok....loaded question.... What do you regret? By that I mean, is there any gear you bought? Did you lose a piece of gear? Did you spend more than you later thought it was worth? Would you have chosen differently?

I'm sure we've all had some regrets about preparation stuff.... let's hear it! LOL.

I've lost several knives. I use to light the ARC flashlight but came to realize the machined aluminum threads were a major weak point and it was TOO pricey for the short life of those threads......

How about you?

75 Views · 6 Comments
08/17/18 10:05 PM Admitting our prejudices... by TeacherRO

I don't like adding pouches to bags or backpacks -- just get a bigger pack

199 Views · 6 Comments
08/14/18 01:23 PM A SAR Travestry by hikermor

https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/local/...line/981922002/

A local hiker is "lost," whips out his cell phone, and is heloed out. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, his friend goes searching for him, and gets lost as well.

So many things wrong here. I am sure there will be comments. Have at it....

At least everyone got out in good shape - everyone safe.

582 Views · 13 Comments
08/10/18 07:44 PM Barricades are there for a reason! by dougwalkabout

This gentleman miraculously survived a 150 ft. drop into a waterfall -- largely unscathed! As I understand it, he climbed over the safety fencing to get the perfect shot and slipped on moss-covered rocks. Yes, those barricades are there for a reason. First rule of survival: don't put yourself in survival situations!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/waterfall-man-kelowna-vernon-bc-calgary-1.4778262

470 Views · 7 Comments
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (haertig), 196 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EHoward, MeganPAST, martinw, Birdman1776, tskinner
5257 Registered Users
Newest Posts
Social Interaction in Survival Situtions
by hikermor
34 minutes 28 seconds ago
Regrets?
by UncleGoo
Today at 10:29 PM
stuff you don't see in EDC...
by UncleGoo
Today at 09:40 PM
What did you do today to prepare?
by Roarmeister
Today at 07:26 PM
Admitting our prejudices...
by Roarmeister
Today at 07:18 PM
Memory of Gerry Largay ... Please Invest in a PLB!
by hikermor
Today at 05:45 PM
Choose One World To Live In
by chaosmagnet
Yesterday at 11:30 PM
Defense, bear v handguns 97% success, & by caliber
by haertig
Yesterday at 12:29 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.