www.outdoors-magazine.com/s.article.php?id_article=152 gives a nice field comparison of the Mora 2000 and a Russel #1. My current Mora carry is the #780 Craftsman. It is .097 thick,4 1/8" laminated blade, thumb guard and lanyard hole with a lousy sheath for the staggering sum of $11 + $5 shipping. A 2000 @ .098 thick, 4 1/2" stainless blade, functional sheath, ergonomic handle, no lanyard hole or guard will cost you $31.50 + $5 shipping.The caveat is these are factory mass produced knives. OOB they are excellent value. But a little preliminary resharpening to true things up will make good cutters into fantastic cutters. I've often mentioned the carbon moras as one of the few knives with sufficient carbon content and rockwell to spark off a flint. I've learned not all Moras will have the stated Rockwell depending on lot and the spine may require some file work to present a nice square edge for flint or metal match. The carbon blades will rust. If these are to go into BOBs or distributed as spare blades S/S are worth consideration. Aftermarket sheaths in Kydex are available for many Moras, ironically costing more than the knife! Once assembled you have a nice system for little outlay.Again, Moras are excellent training knives and excellent options for supplying multiple kits. For the price you won't mourn loss or damage ( which should be a red flag of operator error anyway)so much as a $200 blade. A dedicated survival blade, such as my Fallkniven F 1 is still a good option- if you have the resources.If not, a Mora is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.