Speaking of pants:

Columbia Sportswear Roc pants are excellent choice for working professional. They are not cargos but have multiple pockets. Side pocket will fit a cellphone, knife, or PSK/FAK in long shaped box. You have your regular 4 pockets and 5th zippered pocket as well which I use for stuff that I need to be secure and out of sight. Very soft and comfortable at $30.

I know that TAD Gear has very good pants pants that they make on their own but they have this para military look which I don't like. I think that cargos are nice but I don't have one that I really like. I mean big companies make them but they are not really on the dot. The closest one that came to perfection are old Abercrombie and Fitch or Old Navy cargos. They were made of heavy cotton (good and bad) and would last forever. Pockets would be roomy enough to smack GI canteen in them or a camera. I still have few pairs lying around that I hope will last me forever or until world snaps out of nostalgia for vintage clothing. Everything lately is either vintage prepared (aka thorn, destroyed and broken in to the point that it falls appart) or military (great stuff but not really much use in urban everyday life). I find it funny that yuppies in NYC pay $40-50 for vintage T-shirts and mesh hats. And by vintage I mean worn out. But I guess you can't help fashion victims.

I think that Carhartt also makes a nice canvas pants. Unfortunatelly my friend set mine on fire during last weekend's kayaking trip so I will have a nice set of shorts next season.

For every cargo pants wearer out there I recommend cargo pocket organizer. It allows you to carry multiple supplies on you. I bought mine from Galls and after transfering supplies and eliminating what I don't like or need I created a pocket bug out kit that can keep me going and entertained for a while. Plus it looks like a case of some sort so people don't ask questions.

Link to cargo pocket organizer.

Matt