Doc,<br><br>I tend to agree with you, despite having no problem snaring small game myself. In my experience, it takes several sets to reliably produce something everyday. And they really should be checked everyday, of course. There are many variables... it is just a method of trapping.<br><br>IMHO, minks are pretty easy to catch in snares, the little bloodthirsty things - but yeeech! Nasty to eat. Most of the predators can be readily baited, all things remaining equal. Herbivores can take a lot more thinking, as placement is EVERYTHING. Rabbits are trivial IF you are snaring the edges of a brushpile and take a lot of snares to be productive in you're not... etc. It's not a skill one lucks into from reading about it, I think. Spending a month or a season with a trapper would be a pretty good "undergraduate course", but who has the time?<br><br>Interesting paths this conversation leads me on. But I keep wire in my repair kit / PSK anyway - it has too many uses, snares or not.<br><br>Regards,<br><br>Tom<br><br>