I think some of your points are valid. Bear would most likely fair well under any survival condition.

That said here are a few views on your thoughts.

Climbing Everest is no big feat especially if you climb the western Cwm which is now simply a pay your way up for most who attempt it. In the world of alpinism Everest is not considered to be that impressive. No I have not climbed Everest but if I had the money I could climb it too.

I have not seen anything about Bear's seeeing any action while in the SAS. I have heard that there is a division of the SAS that is for the aristocrats and not as tough as the other SAS groups; this is just hearsay.

I view Bear the same way I view any other TV show; just TV world not real world.

Bear feigns being alone but obviously has a camera crew.

Bear is reckless. Period.

Bear definitely wore a PFD in one episode.

Bear then goes and puts his name on a $700 knife that is average at best and way over priced.

Yes I agree that Bear still has the skills and experience but his show is a bit silly IMO.

I do like his minimalism though; I may be flamed for saying this here at ETS but I think many of us carry too much gear even for short walks in the woods. I love the feeling of having just the very basics and needing to use experience and creativity to get along in the woods.