Tri-fuel is a neat concept. It definately gives you options.

I suggest you do the math on each fuel type. You will be surprised at how quickly generators consume fuel, and how expensive they are to operate for any length of time.

In our case, it turns out that it would be less expensive to leave home and stay at a luxury resort, than to power the entire house with any type fuel generator for any length of time.

I scaled back my generator plans considerably after reviewing the math.

We settled on two modest-sized Honda generators, each capable of running our core needs (boiler, water, light, radio/tv). We can swap one out for the other during maintenance, etc. They can also be daisy-chained if we need more power for some reason.

The generators are also small enough that they can come with us in the RV if we are bugging out.

IMO, you want to get the smallest generator that will cover your needs and still have some reserve output wattage for peak use. In an emergency, I am assuming it may be necessary to conserve fuel.

Also, make sure you get maintenance items for your generator. Most portable generators can't be run for more than a couple hundred hours without an oil change, etc.

Good luck

Gary