Gotta chime in here and agree with paramedicpete. If someone is carrying prescription medication for their own appropriate use, that's not my issue (though the use of any benzodiazapine for treating panic attacks is a whole different topic..I'll spare you!)<br>There are some emergency situations in which physiological symptoms of anxiety are appropriate and functional! I'd rather see (for instance) some rapid breathing and heart pounding than suppress those functions with any drug. Panic/anxiety per-se are miserable, but not emergencies. It is very unusual for a panic attack to last more than 15 to 30 minutes. In fact, if symptoms lasted longer than that I would be concerned that what is really going on is some other true emergency (causing respiratory distress) and would not want to have masked that finding. On the other hand, I can think of no psychiatric/psychological symptom for which ORAL medication is appropriate in an actual emergency.<br><br>I wish we in the forum had split our dialog into PSK-as-in-emergency-survival-stuff vs another kit of comfort and convenience items. Then I wouldn't disagree so much with the Valium, threads.