Originally Posted By: Blast
Thanks for the introduction! You'll find a number of LDS members here and your attitude about the best helping hands are found on your wrists is very true.

Earthquakes and big booms, yes those are worth considering and it sounds like you are making a good start. One thing I'll throw to you is remember to include your entire family in the planning. Make sure they now where things are, how to operate them and also make sure they CAN operate them. For instance, my DW (dear wife) couldn't pull-start a generator or move a five-gallon container of water even if it'd win her a $10,000 shopping spree... We had to make allowences and modify plans to take that into account.

Oh, and congratulations on the soon to be new child! We are big into kids here.

-Blast

Well a least people know what LDS means here smile Other forums just start asking me how I am going to feed more then one wife smile

Anyway. Thanks for the advice. When it comes to food, I plan on 1800-2000 calories per adult and about 1400-1500 calories per child. Also going through the appropriate protein, sugar, and fat contents.

The very hard thing these days is trying to find food storage that is not 20% filler and TONS of Sodium!!!

Any advice on that?

Good idea on the adapting of the functions to the wife. I had thought of it, but have not changed anything yet. I plan on it though.

The forth kid was not planned, but who am I to say no.. smile lol. At least the food for the first few months will come from the wife, and not the wallet :P

Any advice on food storage suppliers that don't specialize in Sodium?

Thanks
DTT

"All Hail the Power of Bauer"

"Only the Paranoid Survive" - Andy Grove

"Why is it called the American Dream? Because you have to be ASLEEP to believe it!" - George Carlin