I am glad you are a satisfied customer, but let's just say that not everyone shares your unalloyed affection for this kit as it comes off the shelf.<br><br>My car kit is a bit heavier, with more components, primarily for situations where kit weight in not critical. My climbing, backcountry kit is less than half the weight of the Backcountry, and has served adequately in at least ten significant real world situations, including two fx's.<br><br>I am intrigued by the poster who states that burns are the most common problem he has seen. I have dealt mostly with trauma and fx over the years (50+/- cases). I think this just underscores that personal situations and environments vary, resulting in different hazard profiles. You can take the Adventure Kits as a starting point, but you should adjust the contents to suit your situation. Come to think of it, the container for my hiking kit is an Adventure Kit, but the contents have been completely replaced. At least when I bought mine, the included supplies were only so-so, and definitely overpriced. The container for my car kit is home sewn, based on an NPS Wilderness kit I carried in the 70's, but with a few changes that help it work better in a vertical environment. It is backpackable, but I would carry it only in a SAR situation.