Martin,
1st let me say that I always brew my own coffee to take with me to work. I start out with at SS commuter mug that I got as a gift (Starbucks model) that has a really nice tight lid and keeps coffee hot/warm for quite a while. Remainder of fresh brewed coffee goes into my thermos for my drinking pleasure throughout the day.
2nd as for cream/milk/half & half and or sugar/fake sugar never, ever have I had any in my coffee. I like my coffee large, hot and black thank you very much. No blonde sweeties for me.
3rd living in the Delaware Valley like you do I have the same options for "stroe bought" coffee. Tried them all and if I do buy one it's only from Wawa. Not perfect coffee but better than the rest.
As a BIG time coffee drinker I'd probably spend $20-30 per week if I went the "store bought" route. I'm way to cheap for that and make better coffee than they do anyway.
As for your commute I used to work in Queens and would commute from South Jersey every Monday returning on Friday. I feel you pain.