Pocket knives - like the Swiss Army models - are usually OK. A lot of European countries have restrictions on locking blades. If it were me, I'd buy a good pocket knife once I got over there rather than deal with the hassle of checking it through in my luggage.

For airplane travel, IMHO you want to steer clear of flammables like Esbit tabs, so perhaps just a couple of bic-type lighters would be best. They will not attract any attention. Forget any military-type gear. The airport folks are on terrorist watch, remember.

It's been almost 10 years, but the last time I was in Germany hiking and camping were very popular, and good gear was available just about everywhere. I'm guessing Sweden would not be much different. A water bottle, filter straw, camping cup, a couple of bic lighters or a firesteel, a (non-military) poncho, some cord*, a Swiss Army knife, eating utensils, a couple of space bankets, a compass, a whistle, a small FAK (no prescription meds) are all worth considering, but I bet they're all available over there.

* if paracord looks too "military," try throwing in four or five packs of replacement boot laces in the 72-inch lengths. They look very domestic and they're strong as all get out.