So I've got water/shelter/fire? Then I'm not hugely pressed, and can wait a while if necessary. In no particular order, and just things I already have or use:

1) accurate detailed map (or GPS with same) of the area I think I'm in
2) small wideband ham handie talkie (5W)
3) spare alkaline batteries for 2), and 1) if GPS (they can use AAs)
4) Leatherman tool or larger folder
5) Tylenol No. 1 (i.e. with codeine)

[6) lotsa luck]

Explanation:
1) so I know what my options are, and can tell people where I am with 2).

2) it makes good sense to preprogram with any VHF/UHF etc. repeaters in the neighborhood before you go. If you can't get somebody legally, when things get desperate you can hail somebody illegally (military, police, SAR, taxi...). Those who are licensed know the type of transceivers I mean. Can easily reach many miles. Whereas if you can hit a cell tower, you can't really be too lost...

5) I know I can go days without food. But I get a terrible headache. Also if the sun is really hot. Can't think straight with a bad head. The codeine kills the headache and also completely dries me up, including sweating etc. Very useful for me, all my kits have it in them.

I am glad to see people mentioned a metal cup. My little pouch SK is based around the smallest Sierra cup. Really useful item, though the shape isn't the most convenient space-wise for packing, but it works. In this scenario water isn't an issue though.