Originally Posted By: Arney
Originally Posted By: lukus
REI has a version that looks really nice. They have the Stowaway by Fisher for $8.00, and the Inka for 19.95.

Thanks lukus! That Fisher Stowaway seems like a great, inexpensive way to try out the Fisher.

Actually, looking at Fisher's website, I now realize that Fisher makes a whole slew of "space pens" and not just the rounded, silver bullet style. And they make universal and brand-specific refills for other company's pens, too, so it's possible that I could turn my favorite pen into a Space Pen with just a refill change. Boy, I wish I knew this a long time ago! smile

I recommend the the variations on the police model if you don't mind a little larger pen... I gave a friend of mine one for his graduation from police college and he thinks its great, the rubberized barrel and large circumference makes it easy to hold in the cold and with his gloves on.

As an aside and more relevant to this forum, those aspects would also make it ideal in a survival situation

BTW: I carry one of these as EDC and have one in each car, they are relatively cheap so I don't mind so much if I lose them and dependable.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Fisher-Pen-Chrome-M4C...oQQcmdZViewItem

Edited by Hookpunch (06/15/07 12:44 AM)