Yep, I reckon it depends on the work/commute situation, but if there is a virus going around, then exposure is inevitable.
Back when I was a telecomms guy working out in the boonies or in isolation in buildings, I could go for a few years without getting a bug, but then when I did get one it was serious. Now that I am always in an office cubicle surrounded by other people, I tend to catch a bug more often, but it seems not to be so severe.

I sure wish we would hurry up and find a suitable vaccine or other panacea for viruses. I reckon in the next hundred years or so if we don't kill ourselves or get the big rock dropped on us, we may just make it. I figure it is a race to see which side of the technology overtakes us first, the side that will allow us to live 200+ years, or the side that just wipes us out altogether. Funny how close the two get sometimes.

In the meantime, I will keep giving those who come to the office obviously ill the "Stinky Eye".