My work day usually includes a 75 mile drive to an from work through a moutanous deset uninhabitaed by mankind. Since I have equipped myself for most emergencies I didn't feel stressed when disaster struck.<br><br>Earlier that day I had bought a new set of Michelin Agilities for my car. The only mistake I made that day was not checking the air pressure myself before leaving for work. <br><br>On the most barren stretch of road my two front tires suddenly broke their beads sending me into a spin. Unfortunatly this spinning kicked up dirt all around me keeping me from seeing which way the car was turning. Finally after two complete turns I wound up in a ditch beside the road with four flat tires, no passer bys, and no cell phone reception. The weather was about 110 degrees. <br><br>My first instict was to check for any immediate dangers such as injuries or fire. There was none. <br><br>Using what gear I normally carry I was able to establish a small bivoac in case I had to spend the night. <br><br>Using the recovery gear I always carry I was able to pull the vehicle back to road and repair the two rear tire which only needed to be remounted and aired up. Carrying only one spare left me without a working vehicle. <br><br>I had only to grab my urban every-day carry bag to have survived for days or weeks. I knew where the closest farm was and was able to hike in perfect comfort and call for help.<br><br>The moral of this story is you should always have a minimal amount of gear and knowledge with you at all times. Considering my circumstances I felt as if I were on a well equipped camping trip with only what I always carry.