From your pictures everything looks awesome and it looks like you had a blast man. I love when people post their trip report with loads of smiley faces smile

My idea with extra luxuries while camping/backpacking and kayaking is as follows:

"you want it? you carry it. it goes in your pack/boat and you take care of it. if it gets wet/smashed don't cry"

Sounds harsh but all the little guys that come kayaking with us love it. They have their flashlights and lightsticks and somehow for the last two years it is all the entertainment they need. At home they are glues to gameboys (not my kids)

I used to date an anti-social lady who was a magic girl but somehow when the fireplace was lit she would stick around for my cooking and than check out to the tent while rest of us would hang around. Great girl but that was her flaw. This was the only time I was bringing portable DVD player to keep her occupied. Funny story is that one time we are sitting by the fire and we hear sword fight and I jump up running towards tents (no living soul in 5 mile radius). Than we relized she was watching "Crouching tiger, something dragon" on DVD. But since than I bring the radio to listen to the Baseball game which mostly gets shut down after 2 innings anyway.