Last weekend, we had about 15 boys from our Troop, and a few adults out for a weekend of camping, hiking, and white water rafting up in the boonies of Maine. We camped along the Kennebeck River, in a town called "The Forks", population 30, according to the signs. They could have easily filmed "Deliverance" here, if you catch my drift. In the rafting company's little shop, they had t-shirts that said "paddle faster, I'm hearing a banjo" crazy I think they could also call it the black fly capital of the free world, but, that's for another post...

Anyway, in keeping with the spirit of Aloha, I thought it was great to have a bunch of kids out in the wild for the long weekend without any electronics, only nature. They weren't bored. I have a few pictures of the first day. I don't have the rafting shots back yet. It was a blast, we had a great hike to Moxie falls on day one, and plenty of Class IV and V whitewater on the Kennebeck on day two. Here's some day one:

Along the way to the falls:

Are we there yet?

Ok, not too close boys:

That is TOO CLOSE:

This is what they were about to fall into:

Our band of tired hikers at the falls:

Back at tent city:

Hopefully we'll have some good shots of the trip through the gorge rafting, it was pretty wild. Nice way to spend the first two days of Memorial Day weekend. On Monday, we were all in a parade! (very tired legs at that point)

- Ron