I didn't quite know what to call the Subject of this post, but Commuter Preparedness Kit is pretty close to what I'm building. <br><br>I live in the suburbs and recently landed a temp job (YIPPEE! Believe me, after six months of unemployment, any decent job deserves a "YIPPEE!") working in a nearby city.<br><br>I really don't need a "survival" kit, as such. I'm putting together a smallish "preparedness" kit that will fit neatly into a softsided nylon briefcase. I would like one I could take into meetings without drawing attention. Right now I'm using a zippered cosmetics bag that's light gray and doesn't look like a cosmetics bag.<br><br>Thus far it contains:<br><br>standard First Aid items<br>Exedrin<br>Motrin<br>lactase tablets (I'm lactose-intolerant)<br>micro-sewing kit from Travel Solutions (www.franzus.com)<br>mini Bic lighter<br>standard size lighter<br>magnifying glass<br>4-way pocket screwdriver in the shape of a pen<br>50 feet of 550 Paracord<br>50 feet of cotton string<br>three trick birthday candles in plastic wrap<br>several different sizes of safety pins<br>several small paper clips<br>several large paper clips<br>two huge paper clips large enough to use as bookmarks<br>two clip-on shower curtain rings (I find amazing uses for them)<br>bandanna<br>Suunto "Comet" Compass/Thermometer<br>other things I may have forgotten<br><br>On my person I generally carry:<br><br>LFP: money wallet, Princeton Tec Blast, Victorinox Executive, tiny bottle of prescription pain killers.<br><br>RFP: ID wallet, a keyring containing very small REI compass; Victorinox Signature Lite II (a translucent Classic with red LED and retractable pen); Turquoise and Red Photon I lights, and Mini Fox 40 whistle; lip balm; and mini Bic lighter.<br><br>LRP: SwissTech MicroPlus (also amazingly useful)<br><br>RRP: Fisher Space Pen, Kershaw Silver Spur I or II (classy and sharp gentlemen's lockbacks).<br><br>I always take a jacket or coat (containing either a Princeton Tec 20 or 40 and a Princeton Tec Attitude or Impact) with me and leave it in the car if it's too warm to wear. I also carry a water bottle in my briefcase.<br><br>I'm always torn between carrying my Vic SwissChamp, Leatherman PST, and Leatherman Wave. The Wave is too big for my minikit, so it has to go into my shoulder kit (that's another story), which stays in the car. So I have to choose between the SwissChamp and the PST for my minikit.<br><br>Considering my enviroment, which of those tools would you recommend I carry?<br><br>Also, if you have any other ideas, fee free to throw them in the mix. The more, the merrier!