It *is* "Due to the *Need* to own a Gun because *Criminals* *HAVE* Guns"! To use some of your Own Words as you Raise, (with some of my own Emphasis added).

Again, -It *is* Adviseable of us that we have No Gun Wielding Criminals to begin with! But we *Do*! Sad Fact on us (and Others in the World), -is that we do!

It would be Good, Great, and Adviseable!, -if in a more Perfect, Peachy World!, -we *thereby* COULD put many Criminal Justice Folks, -Off to Other, Useful Work! But again, -this Neccessary Condition, -just is *Not* so!...

True, -Many Enuff Kids and others *Do* Die / Receive Wounds, -in Gun Accidents. Part of the Collateral Effects as you talk of. Very Regrettable and Unfortunate!, -of course. But it 8does* just happen to be part of the Price we Pay, -in our Over-Arching, Neccessary Protection!

And as to where Guns for the Badfolk originally Come From, -Even under a Perfect Domestic Ban, -Guns still Could and Would, -Filter in from Outside! Why!, -some Criminal or other Shady Gunsmiths, -would even Make some for them! There could be a Firearms Equivalent of our 20s Booze Running!

And again, -I See Potential and Possible Needs as could sometime Arise, -to Protect our Constitutional Freedom -and/or ourselves from Enemies Foreign, -via the Need and Right to Keep and Bear Arms! And Not Only as Neccessary Protection from various Common Street Punks. ("RKBA", by the way, -as appears a number of times in this thread, -means the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms". It took me several "Meetups" with that, -to Get It myself!).

Even with our often Splendiferous, Professional Armed Forces, -our Common Citizenry Still Needs its Rightful Guns! For Many a National Army or Govt around the World has been involved in a Coup! Or other such Mischief! I and Many Others of us!, -*Wouldn't* want that Possibility to ever be Occurring here!

On that preceeding, -I know that you may Respond, -of an Equal Danger of a "Wrongful Public Revolution"! Mob Rule and such! *Backed* by such Guns thruout our Culture and Public! Duly Noted! But here again though!, -I Beleive that the Greater Neccessary "Balanceout"!, -is and should be in Favor of the Public owning Guns, against Governmental Abuse and other Threats! *Over* Threat Possibilities Arising from the General Population!

I *Do* See much Constructive Value and Criticism, -in both the Substance and Spirit of such Views of your's, -from your "Outside Vantage Point"! Sometimes such an Angle of View, -is Better and Best!

But I also see Very Much actual NON-Applicability of much of it to us here! For the Reasons that I here and elsewhere in this Thread, variously Reply with and State.

Edited by ScottRezaLogan (05/30/07 12:04 AM)
Edit Reason: a Missed Point in Reply.