I have now Finished Reading your last paragraph of your Thoughtful Post.

So as to a National or Public Debate around the Underlying Cultural Cause, -I again Respond that our "Armed Punk Subset" of it all, -just should Not be so! In that they should just Refrain from such! And that we could Then and Thereby do it!, -as you Commendably do it in the U.K.!

But in that we In-Commendably Don't!, -Our "Better Spirited Ones", -are just going to have to be Armed and Ready!, -for their own Self Protection!

This Remains so, -in Light of the Fact that some of us, -just *Won't*, -be Good Girls and Boys!, -to Start with! Even in a World where we "Banningly" Deprive them of the Ability to say!, -"Well Good Ole Mr Jones over there has a Gun!, -Thats the Only Reason I have one!". Frankly its just Because some of us want to be Punks and Crooks to begin with! Therein lies your Underlying Cause!

In the Face of that, -Decent Citizens just have to be Self Protected!

So at least our 30,000 Figure is Not a 60,000 one!

And Virginia Tech *could* have had Far Less Woundings and Deaths, -had some Decent One(s) there had a Firearm in their Own Protection!

Further!, -Many Punks *wouldn't* even Try such! In such a Pro Protection Environment! To the Great Contrary!, -VT was such a Ripe and Tempting Target, -to the Very Opposite! *Via* such a well Intentioned, Outright Ban!

Again, -if we Ban Guns, -Who will be the Only Ones to *Have and Use* such!?...

Lets take your own Country for example. Had during the Very Real Nazi Threat to Britian, -there in the early days of WW2, -Guns had been Outlawed throughout Britian, -and the Nazis had come Across the Channel!, -rather than going Eastward to Russia! -Then *How* would you have!, -to cite Churchill, -"Fought in the Streets, Hills...", and so forth!, -*Without* Guns!!? Here it would be Wise and Well for Britian to *have* some Guns!, -in its "Common Guy Culture"! While it is Admittedly Wise and Well of us!, -the U.S.!, -to *Not* have "Trigger Happy Punks" doing their thing, -to Begin with! These latter again, -are our Underlying Cause!