But the Punks and Crooks over here would *still* have their Guns, -even if there *be* such a Sweeping, Public Ban!

The 20,000 to 30,000 Annual Victims of such, (and you don't even include those "merely" Wounded), -could easily be Many, Many, Thousands *More*! Were we to just attempt to Ban the "Firearms *Means*"!

Unfortunately, and Badly Reflecting on us / U.S., -We are Not all "Across the Common Board Civil", -as you Commendably are in the U.K., -where one could Successfully Do such!

Its like "Peace vs War"! -If *Nobody* were a Warmonger to *Begin with*, -We *Could* have ourselves an Amicable, Peaceful World! Here, -in this Idealistic Sense, -the Doves and Peaceniks *are* Right! *Everybody* should be such!

But in that many Someones somewhere in the World, -or on the Street, -are going to Wrongly want to Raise a Weapon at Another!, -Then we the Decent Citizenry / Free Peoples of the World, -are going to Ourselves have to Bear Arms / and Man Freedom's Watch!

There of course Remains Great Truism in the once Common NRA Phrase, -"When Guns are Outlawed, -Only Outlaws will have (and Use) Guns!"

I think they should also Go Back to that Great Commercial they've had! Back round '87 or so. Where the Crook's sitting at home, -watching TV, -Beholding some Politico Pledgeing "to Break the Back of Crime!", -*via a Ban*! The Crook just Sits there and Laughs!, Laughs!, Laffs! That Says it All So Very Well! Better than any other "NRA Preaching" could! They Really Outta Go Back to that! the Shame of Really Good to Great Ideas! Just Inexplicably Going Off onto the Shelf!, -Somewhere!!! Someone Please maybe Get the Hint!

For much of my Life so far, -I had been typically at sort of a Middle of the Road position on this, -at Best! Way back in my Young, Starting Out Day, -(RFK, MLK, '68, etc), -I even Fell for the Standard, Liberal, Gun Control and Bans, of a Line! At least I soon enuff Graduated to Middle of the Road.

But in Recent Years, -as World and Crime News has Increasingly and Much Gathered here at Home and Abroad!, -I've since Moved Over to a Full, -or at least Darned Pretty Near Full!, -*Advocacy*! Of the PRO Gun Views and Camp! The Decent Citizenry so Needs to be Able to Protect Themself! As well as of their Loved Ones!

As such, I actually "Feel Sorry For"!, -Feel a Sore and Crying Sense of Loss!, -at the latest "Gun Give In" Drives! "All those Priceless Enuff Firearms!", -I think, -"May Someday be Really and Sorely *Needed*!, -Here at Home or Abroad!"

The longstanding Crime Wave!, -has Grown More towards that of a Tsunami!, -as I see it! People are going to *Need* their "Like Spirited Protection"!, (and I *Don't* mean the Wrongness and All of Crime here!), -Should any such Wave Come to Break Over them! "Crime is Grime!".

Whatever happened to my 60s Days as a Kid!? When it seemed that the only Real Crime round Town!, -was your Average John Q Dumbo Burglar, -Jimmiing Open a Window!? Drive Bys and Stuff!, -We had None of that that I ever heard of!!!

I guess, -that when *Everybody* in this World, -and in All of our Neighborhoods, -Becomes and Remains "a Good Girl and Boy"! -That we can Then and Only Then, -Prevent some 25,000 Annual Gun Deaths, -via the Banning of the Cause of such Deaths! On further Thought again, -the Gun is Not the Cause! But rather the Means! The Implement. The *Person* and the Hand *Behind* such!, -are of course the Real Cause! That Person and Hand *should* only be of the Good and Decent Citizenry. In that it will of course Not be Fully that, -even here, -then that Good and Decent Ciotizenry Subset, -should be Fully Protected and Armed!

Otherwise, -I have Read, -and *Do* Acknowledge, -your Pro Gun Protection Views, -as you State! But to Read what you said was the *Cause* Behind our 20,000 to 30,000 Annual Gun Deaths!,...,-I just had to so Respectfully Differ and Answer here!

Again, -We *Should* be like Scotland and the UK here! In that we can *then* Do it in your Different and Better Way! But Sadly Enuff Reflecting Fact on us is, -that we are Not! And so the Good Guys too!, -Not only just the Bad Guys, -have Got to be Armed! Protected and Armed!

I guess, (at least as Far as the Domestic Crime and Social Scenes are Concerned), -that there's Really No Need for one to have their own Personal Howitzers, or Nuclear Weapons! So the general, Pro Gun Principle, -may Not Apply here in a more Practical Sense. In this way, -I think I still come down somewhere on a Middle Ground, -on this all round Matter and Issue.