We go through hurricanes every year also and it's starting to get to be a natural process also. Here's some more add ons we do at any threat of a hurricane.
1. Get a minimum of 20 Gallons of water (we have also a water purifier, portable distillery and 1 PUR 35 desalination pump in BOB)
2. Get all the money we can get from the ATM 24-48 hours of a suspect impact on our coast. (once the hurricane hits and leaves, everything is cash only, no money no nothing for days)
3. Fill up 100% both cars and 55 gallon barrel (food grade)and 4- 5 gallon jugs full of fuel. (add stabilizer to last the rest of season, then we burn the fuel in the cars after the season to rotate the fuel)
4.Charge up the propane tank for the grill and run the generator for 30 min. (which has a Harbor Freight 1.5 watt solar cell that trickle charges the battery the whole season)
5.Buy can food and pasta,big ole bag of rice,honey,etc.. (non perishables), then we put steaks or burgers in the fridge and things for 5 days if we have to goto generator (makes life enjoyable if we lose power and on generator).
6.Gather all important documents and BOB and firearms (the ones I plan to carry) and put it by the bed and once the hurricane hit's my area it stays with me 100% in case the house goes and trees fall on the cars and were left on foot.
7.Use 2 programs to monitor storm (Storm Predator and Eye of the Storm) and use TV weather channel and NOAA as back ups then switch to wind up solar radio once power is lost.
8.Pray!
9.Once storm passes then either store the stuff until next hurricane, or fire up the generator (Outside) and wait days for power or grab BOB and head for car or grab BOB and head out on foot.