Thanks for the review! My family & I have a trip out west this summer and I bought a Miox but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. My plan was to bring two 4-litter collapsable bags and then each of the four of us would have 1-liter Nalgene bottles.

Questions:
-Why the tan version instead of the red one?

-Have you by chance tried using the recommended dosage 1 liter dose for 1 liter of water? If so, did you ever find insufficient chlorine with a test strip?

-What was your source of water? Why were you "Mioxing" it?

-With the four 1-liter bottles, did you treat each one with separate doses from the Miox?

-Do you think you'd have been have been better off treating one 4-liter Platypus bag, letting it work for the recommended time, and then pouring that into clean 1-liter bottles? I'm wondering if that would have been easier.

-From what I've read, the 1 cc syringe will exactly fill up the Miox completely, Right? Using the syringe is a great tip!!

-How long did you let the bottles sit before using? My plan is to let it sit for at least 30 minutes and longer if convenient (manual says Cryptosporidium needs 4 hours).

Thanks,

Ken