Some of you guys posted your opinions on Miox purifier so here's mine. I bought a military version (tan instead of red) from TAD Gear on recommendation from ParamedicPete

It works. It gets the job done. I treated water for 4 weeks and had no problems with it (vast range of temps (100 to -10) and alitudes (600m - 6000 m)). I took some liberty as far as the amount of the solution I poured in and I treated every liter of water as it was 2 liters. Still waited the prescribed amount of time and everything was good. As far as the taste goes... I use Tang no mater what water I drink, but without it it was much better than iodine treated water and had almost no taste. Reason I was overtreating the solution is that in theory you will run out of PH strips after 25 Liters if you test the water according to MSR specs. I used 4 one litter bottles system and anytime I was down to 2 bottles I would refil the other two and treat them. Worked out fine for me. I added an extra accessory and it was 1 cc syringe for easier filling of Miox and to prevent spilling of water in the tent or cabin. I think MSR should include a diopler or blunt tip syringe for easier managment that can store in the strap that holds caps in place. They tell you to pour water into the purifier but that is impossible without making a mess and wet sleeping bag is pretty much down there on my list right after wet socks.

It is a really nice device. Not big, durable, waterproof and I treated about 6 liters a day (or 12 if you count my overtreating) and still batteries are strong. I'm glad I bought it and it saved me a ton of money and saved an environment too (not buying water in plastic containers or supporting wood cutting to heat the water). My backup system were chlorine tablets and they were never used.

Treating water right before big push (shot by my girl playing with my fisheye lens).