Yes, -we must Maintain and Better ourselves, -as Civilly as All Possible!

But failng that, and should a True Need still exist for a Truly "Spirit of 76" Nation and Government, -then We the People Rightly *do* have the Inalienable Right to Take Back our Country and Government! As a Last but Definite Resort.

It is *not* only our Government's manifold enuff typical Failings, -but also our Many Enough Own! "We the People" have to Stay on Freedom's Ball, -as well!

I Share in some, but not all, -of your Pessimistic Side here. It is at least Very Understandable of you. I don't think that things are Neccessarily all that Bad! But I too Fear for my Country!, -and any Children as I at anytime may have.

It Reminds me of the Fight I once got into as a Teen. Peaceable, Kind Ole me. I was Standing Up for my Brother, with another Kid. He so Challenged me to a Fight! The Fighter Part of me replied, -"Yeah!, -I'll Fight you!". And so the Gang got the Time and Place all Scheduled and Arranged. I duly appeared at the appointed Place and Day. one Guy was Amazed that I even Shoed Up, -and to me said so. I replied in my own mind, -"But of Course!..." Just like a certain Condiment Ad says. "Why the Heck you Think I wouldn't!, -The Cause is Right and Just, -I've been Duly Challenged", etc. "Only Naturally and Of Course!, -I'll Show Up!

But then when the Actual Fight got underway, at the appointed Time, -that Great Peaceable Side of me!, -only also Naturally and Of Course came out! I just Stood Around like a Dolbo!, -not knowing What to Do! Getting Bounced Around like a Basketball! All over that particular Lawn. I think I didn't even get one Punch in!, -though I think I put up only a few Half Effective Blocking Moves. My Opponent got in, -to say the least, -Many. Guess who Won the Fight? It certainly *wasn't* me! Some assembled kids then Walked Away Laughing! Just couldn't Beleive!, -that I *Wouldn't* even Try!, -to Stand Up for Myself and Fight! "Showed Up, -Fine!", -they may have thought. -"But What was his Showing Up even *For*?!..." Considerably Acheing in at least 7 spots, -which was to last maybe a week, -I could only "Limp" back onto my Beloved Golden Bike, (which I had from Age 8 to 16), -and Ride one to two miles Homeward and Away. All by myself and Lonesome. I *Came* Nobly, But *Didnt* Follow Thru! And to No Surprise, -was Creamed as a Result! I Never Told my Brother of my Nobly Intended Sticking Up for him. And not just because I was Creamed in the Resulting Fight!

On another occassion, -two Good Ole Guys (one present at the aforementioned Fight), -got together with me to give me Fighting Lessons, -one Sunny Summerish Afternoon in the Field back of their House. I fared Much Better there! One remarking that I landed a Pretty Good Blocking Blow, at him! But while Real Enuff, -This was all in "Friendly Lessons". They may not have been Intellectually Smart and all like me. But these Good Ole Country Boys were Smart in other ways! Lessons which I have since Duly Long Taken On! Another Kid back in the Scout Troop was Urgeing me to be Tuff! "You've Got to be Tough!...", or something like that, -I Remember him saying! And in this particular Department of Life of his, -He was of course Quite Right! I Fondly Look Back and Remember these Good Lessons! Butof course *Not* so Fondly Remember that Creaming Fight! Save for its Vital Lesson!

Point of this all is!, -Applicability to our *National* Situation is!, -that we as a Nation, Culture, and People!, -just Can't and Shouldn't Stand Around like Dolbos! Like *I* once did! Before the various Opponents of our World! That is such a Large, -though Far from Complete Part, -of *Why* I am such an all round, National Security and Defense Hawk! (Not All and Only, -because it only Long and Always has come from Deep Inside of me anyway! The "Yeah!, -I'll Stand Up and Fight You!", -here too!). If we are so By and Large Much on the Downward side of the Curve, as you speak of, -then this is cause we largely Stand Around like Dolbos, -when we *Really Don't* have to!!! As well as various other "Loungeing Around on the National Couch", -like Potatos, -as we variously here at Home do! We *could* end up Getting Creamed as a Result! Again, -When we So Much Really DON'T Have to!!!

Again, -I do think I substantially Differ with you in the extent of the all round Downward Curve, -but I do Chagrinedly and Concernably think that it is Considerable! (Also, as you say, -You too Don't think that things are all Bad!, =-I here do Hasten to Acknowledge! But I still substantially Differ with you on your "Downward Side Remainder"!).

(NOTE to Anyone, -"Dolbo" and "Dolbos" are my own Apt, Made Up Words, here. Any samesuch Similarity to any Slang Word which may actually exist somewhere, -is Unknown and Unintentional of me! I once got into a Real Misunderstanding with a Gal, -over another such Aptly Made Up New Word of mine! I *Would't* want any samesuch, -to Unintentionally but Defitely Happen here!!! -So to speak along the lines of TV and Movie Disclaimers!,...).