The Mormon church near my home is putting on a preparedness seminar this coming weekend. This sounds really interesting to me. Has anyone been to one of these? Is this a local thing or is it common for LDS churches?

http://www.broomfieldenterprise.com/news/2007/may/16/lds-putting-faith-in-preparation/

A short quote from that article:
Quote:

Local church members want to share the practical knowledge they have accumulated with the larger community. To that end, they are holding a preparedness fair Saturday in Broomfield.

Agencies participating include area fire and police departments, the Army and the Red Cross. Information booths will cover topics such as communications, food and water storage, emergency kits, surviving without electricity and organizing vital documents.

If anyone on these forums is in the Denver, CO area and is interested, the seminar runs 9am to 3pm on Sat May 19th, 1250 Main St. in Broomfield (per the printed newspaper version of the above article). It's free, and they're giving out some free CD on preparedness. I assume this is a come whenever, leave whenever type of thing, but the paper didn't specify.

I think I'll attend.