When I say bad planning, I'm talking about people who have all thier information ONLY in computer data. Your insurance information, your medical record, that copy of your passport and drivers lisence, they aren't as useful if they aren't on paper. Ditto your inventories and your maps. The CD with stuff like your insurance information and tax records is great once things have stabilized, but when you need it RIGHT NOW, paper is what you need.

The only reason why someone who is in a actual emergency would need a computer unless they are part of the response is failure to prepare, bad planning, abject stupidity, whatever you want to call it. But it isn't a good sign.

And if they "need" a computer becuase they are bored, again, poor planning, combined with what I'll politely call "issues". If you don't think you can survive without a computer, unless it is a medical implant you need serious help. And I say this as professional computer geek.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.