Spyderco:

I have two Spydercos (or is it three?) and like them very much. One is 15 years old and going strong. They are very thin in the pocket and yet a lot stronger than they look.

The Spydercos are very easy to open with gloved hands. I prefer these to the thumb stud type openers.

Keep in mind that you need to be very discreet about whipping out a locking blade in an urban environment. Most people will see it as a weapon rather than a tool. And if you display it in a club, I guarantee you will be rapidly bounced out the door and may have some explaining to do to the local constabulary.

I have a SWAK Classic on my keychain for minor everyday tasks while in public. Nobody is worried about a Classic.

Leatherman Wave:

I think the Wave II is one of the best Leatherman products ever. It's a huge improvement over the original, in strength and overall functionality. It's often my primary everday carry on the road, using the very excellent removeable clip which allows me to carry the bulk of the tool inside my waistband. This is much more discreet than a sheath, and I've never seen anyone bothered by it. My cell phone clips over the belt in approx the same spot, which helps too. "What's that?" "Folding pliers." "Oh. Neat. Can I borrow them?"