Quote:
If they did redesign it and said, "oh yeah, they used to jam so we fixed it so it wouldn't" that would open them up to liability.

And deliberately designing one that will fail and jam doesn't?

I'm thinking more like design it to function right & hold rather that redesign it to jam. Since most of us don't know that it was designed to jam if it failed, we wouldn't have known that it was redesigned not to fail instead of jam. Replacements in the 60's/70's would have been a lot less than some of the mistakes they've owned up to later. Back then most families probably had only one car instead of two or more like today. This was the era when Detroit was rolling in money.

It's not that I expect them to look out for my interest as it is professional standards. Designing a buckle that can't stand the same load as straps it's connected to is poor design & unprofessional. Connections should be designed to withstand the same or greater load than the connecting members.

The only advertising that has sold me any of my vehicles was the last one had a web site that I could look at while trying to get one on the truck. The first three were what I could afford (used). The truck was based on knowing how the previous model performed as a work truck. The last one was a Toyota hybrid Camry. I heard form somewhere that they were coming out with a hybrid model about April, researched it and hybrids in general in May, & started looking for a way to get what I wanted in June.

Edited by UTAlumnus (04/29/07 06:16 PM)