Bentirran, I think you think you know what you're talking about, but I suspect that you don't, from many of your arguments.

"If there was historically no 2nd Amendment, there would be no RKBA and therefore there would be no guns and therefore there would be no gun-related violence".
Try it this way: If there hadn't been an English king who thought England could subject the colonies to whatever control, taxes and whims he and his lackeys could invent, Americans might not have included the 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights. We might not have the attitude that we could/should all have guns. The way I see it, it's all England's fault we have guns.

"Criminals should in theory not have access to any guns."
In Fantasyland, maybe not, but have criminals in England turned all their guns in at your government's request? Please tell us how you did it!

"Where do they get their guns?"
The same place yours do: they steal them or, more likely, get them from their criminal friends. England has had a long history of smuggling... and probably still does, although rum probably isn't the cargo.

"Why do criminals use guns anyway?"
Because if all their victim has is a stick or a rock, they have the advantage.

"Do criminals who have guns who kill law abiding citizen under the same circumstances still remain criminals?"
I'm assuming that you're meaning something like if a rapist is attacked by his 10-yr-old victim's crazed but otherwise normal father, and the criminal shoots him in self-defense. Well, since he wasn't supposed to have a gun to begin with, and he instigated the situation with the rape, YES, he's still a criminal. Of course, the father has also committed a crime.

"If there were no guns in America and there were no criminals and no fear of criminals exactly how many would this put out of work?"
If there were no weapons in England, and there were no criminals, and no fear of criminals, would an English person still have a tax rate of 40% on £35,000? England could have stopped the bloodshed in Belfast with one act, but it hasn't, has it? Is it the money, the power, or the mere possession?

"...there are literally thousands of other US citizens who have died or have been seriously wounded every year because they lack safety training in the use of firearms."
Yes, and with cars, too. And England?

"...the balance of power of the internal constitutional politics within the United States tips either one way or the other then a blood bath will quickly follow. It has happened once before..."
England has had two civil wars, hasn't it?

"... the United States of America does not need an armed militia to protect itself from enemies foreign, it has its professional armed services."
The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces in the U.S. is a guy called President Bush. Was your comment intended to me us feel safe? It doesn't.

You seem to think that all the guns in America suddenly appeared overnight, and could disappear the same way. And all crime would go with it. Are you living in Brigadoon or somewhere? Crime existed well before guns, and will continue to do so, here and in England.

On the other hand... England has few guns, probably less ammunition, and a small military. America has a lot of guns, a lot of ammo, and a pretty strong military... hmmmmm......

Sue