"Of course now, the United States of America does not need an armed militia to protect itself from enemies foreign, it has its professional armed services."

Yes, but that doesn't cover it all. The RKBA also was/is meant to act as a deterent against domestic enemies, too. Now-a-days, that seems to be of most concern - domestic enemies.

Certainly there are instances where someone who aquired a firearm legally (and who is legally entitled to own/posess a firearm) commits a criminal act with it. Mostly, however, criminals aquire firearms illegally and use them to further their criminal endeavors.

Even in GB, a society that has chosen to prevent its citizens from legally aquiring firearms for personal protection, (and who is now mulling over enacting draconian laws to further restrict the freedoms of someone who "they" suspect "might" commit an offense), shooting deaths are climbing in the more urban areas. Why? How can that be? Because criminals and others (thereby becoming criminals for want of protecting their families and themselves) will always be able to get guns if they really want one...or two.

We don't live in a Utopia. Never have. The world is a dangerous place - always has been, always will be. There have always been wolves preying on the sheep. I (and many, many like me) have chosen not to ever be a sheep. I'm concerned and worried that GB currently has a wolf running loose, and it preys to Mecca five times a day. Maybe one morning you'll awake and wish you had a Second Amendment. Good luck.