Bummer. Battery died while stopping to pay a bill en route to my work. The good news is that the full service gas station was 20 yards from where my truck's battery died, the bad news was that I had to pay what they were asking, which was 85.94 when all was said and done.

I normally EDC $90 emergency cash in my belt. Think I might bump it up to $200 because right now I have only 28 greenbacks in my bank account and that would have not gotten me anywhere.

The two thread questions:

1. How much cash do you EDC and is it for emergencies only?
I wrap mine in a million layers of bags and tape so it is not easy to get to or I will spend it.

2. Anybody had an expensive commute to work lately? I felt bad about the $90 because I am not a high wage earner if you know what I mean, but at the same time I am kind of elated and estounded that I was prepared when I needed to be. Sure this was not a life threatening emergency, but that is why it is called EDC. Saved my wife a trip to save my but, saved 1/2 a day trying to get to work, and only arrived 20 minutes late!