A current scout book would have given you help as it has a fairly complete first aid section for basic treatment. Remember it's for young boys, so it may not be as comprehensive as other books. <br><br>Scouts are required to learn more and more first aid as the advance through each rank. Fortunately, the authors put all of the first aid text in one spot, in the First Class (Red) section. I only wish they segragated it a bit so it's easier to find in an emergency, even a minor one such as yours. <br><br> I think I'll carry a pack of Post-It Note tabs we use at work and start tagging the beginning page of the first aid section on the boy's manual. I think I'll also start writting the local poison control center number in the front cover.<br><br>BTW, the Red Cross often offers their training through local hospitals and clinics. They also provide a book with the course. I had mine from when I was a youth (1970's) until 2 years ao. After working with the scouts on their first aid requirements, I discovered than many of the stabdad procedures have changed, like tilting the head forward now for nose bleeds. I decided it was potentially harmful to have the obsolete text lying around.