Thanks Gatormba,

Good points. The kit i'm trying to put together is a combo personal daily carry/bug out kit.

I will be using a pelican 1060 case. Yeah, its a little big (not a true believer in the altoids canned psk), but I always have a bag with me, and more then enough room to keep that thing in there. As a trial, i've been carrying it empty for about a week with no issue.

It won't be on my person (so, probably not a psk - if i understand the definition correctly), but the bag is always within feet of me.

I work in corporate and venture into the wilderness and marine environments as often as possible, so the kit will be reflecting that. I will be changing key points of the kit depending what i'm going to do, and hoping for more of a modular system with ALOKSAK bags (i.e. first aid, liquids like sunblock in squirt bottles, steril hanky/bandana, cordage, or however it all goes together).

I've also have a very portable vhf radio that i carry on my person at all times. Used as a backup when the mobile goes, or in an area where that will be more useful for communication then the mobile. That is in its own waterproof vhf bag with a lanlard attached to my all carry bag. This this is over kill?

Kris