Samhain, you should study history more. When concealed carry bans have been over turned by the state courts or legislatures, or made less restrictive, the violent crime rates drop. You can look it up yourself- Florida and Texas are great places to start as they went from highly restrictive concealed carry laws to what are called "shall issue" permits. The places where concealed carry is basically illegal for the common person, such as NY, Ca, parts of Illinois or DC, the crime rates are much higher.

Or you can look at statistics. In Massechusettes, it is practically impossible to a CCW permit without being connected. In New Hampshire, it's easy and fairly inexpensive. New Hampshire counties that now serve as outer suburbs of the Boston metroplex have decidedly lower rates of violent, random street crime than their neighbors 10 miles south.

The laws regulating concealed carry in all of these states is a matter of public record, as are the procedural difficulties above and beyond the letter of the law, and the crime rates by county. Look particularly counties with similar population densities. I'd invite you to look at when those laws passed, and the non-domestic violent crime rates.

I say invite because I don't think you are willing to reexamine your beliefs. If you can provide compelling evidence based on logos, rather than pathos, I am willing to examine it. But I don't think you can; if you can, you'll be the first in 20 years.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.