Quote:
samhain, you don't have to trust me. You've got my protection anyway, even if I am unarmed. I won't expect gratitude either, it is an emotion beyond the capacity of most humans. I would just ask people not to puke on me.

ironraven,

Do you really think that I wouldn't come to your aid just because I didn't carry a gun?

I would come to your and anyone else's aid in a heartbeat. It's what we human beings do (for the most part).

If I were to receive help from you, you would receive my life-long gratitude and would not be puked on (not intentionally mind you, I can't account for what I might do during loss of consciousness).

The resentment I hear from folks leads me to think that the group views me as a coward or pacifist (not carrying a gun = defensless cowardice).

My arguements has always been and always will be:

1) to base gun laws on careful, reasoned thought and not reactionary emotional responses.

2) arming college kids is stupid.

3) large numbers of people walking around carrying fire arms does not make everyone safer.

For the record, I am not unarmed nor defenseless. My EDC does include a Delica tucked in my waistband for defense only. It's destination: the carotids (and any other artery I can get to) of my assailant.

If I gotta go, I'm not going alone.