Originally Posted By: samhain
With all due respect Micah, not exactly an accurate cause and effect argument.

1) how many actual hijack attempts have occured since 9-11?

You have made my point for me. As far as I know there have been zero hijack attempts. It's called deterrence. Stronger doors & an armed pilot have halted the hijackings!

The shoe bomber was just going to blow the plane up but the passengers took him out.

The planes are safer now because Americans have figured out they need to fight back instead of just rolling over for the attackers. I will be very surprised if the terriorists try to use a plane when they attack next time.

Originally Posted By: samhain
restrictions... on where it can be carried.

There are already laws in place to not carry a gun onto that campus. The law was ignored by the shooter. You can make it illegal to carry a gun anywhere in the USA, but that isn't going to protect your child.

If this guy had not been able to buy that gun in at the store he could have very easily bought it illegally off the street. Creating a "gun free" zone just makes it easier on the shooters as they don't have to be bothered by someone shooting back.

Anti-gun laws have not & will not protect us. Look at the ccountries where guns are outlawed. They still have shootings because the criminals don't care about the laws.

If there was a local private school where the teachers had a gun safe in every room & the teacher was well trained on how to use that gun I would do everything in my power to send my kids to that school - most teachers are there because they love those kids. Look at the teacher who sacrificed his life while his students jumped out the window.