We can not expect that there will be a police officer available to protect us at all times. It just isn't a reasonable expectation. We all have to make a personal decision regarding what we are willing to do to protect ourselves and our loved ones. We also have to live with that decision. If you choose not to have the means to protect yourself and God forbid you are violently attacked the results will be devestating and possibly loss of life. We live in a society where violent crime is a reality and I choose to be prepared to protect myself. This involves sufficient training and a great deal of practice. I know a local girl who is 18 years old, she is licensed to carry a concealed weapon, she is highly trained ,practices and competes regularly. We should all be able to make our own decision and understand the ramifications. We can not expect anyone else to protect us. We have to make the decision before we are ever put into a violent situation and our choices are to be a victim or protect ourselves. A trained law abiding citizen is the least of my worries. An encounter with a violent criminal who has no regard for the laws does bother me and I choose to be prepared to protect myself and my family.

Edited by learnmore (04/18/07 12:44 AM)