Quote:
Unfortunately universities tend to have the view that students are children not to be trusted

I don't think that's just the universities. You can't drink until you're 21 in most states (if not all now). Hell, I don't think you can carry a handgun in some states until you're 21! Yeah, you don't trust a 18-20 year old to drink or carry a handgun, but you'd let him have a shotgun????

You do wonder what would happen if someone did have a gun to counter act the guy. Even then, I could just hear the words coming out of the University President's and Police Chief's mouths about "Letting the professionals handle it.."

I wonder what would change a persons mind on gun control. Have them sit in their dining room or bedroom and have their friends in their living room, place a cell phone and a gun next to them. Tell them: "You have 2 tools at your disposal. A cell phone and a gun. Let's say someone comes in and busts in and starts arguing with your friend. The person shoots their friend. You only have 1 second to make a decision. Which tool would you use? Do you call 911 and wait 6 minutes for the police, or use the gun? Quickly please."