Quote:
The pheromone prevents the nurse bees from maturing too early to become forager bees

Actually I think this actually explains it quite nicely, if there is another chemical which is preventing the nurse bee from maturing into forager bees over a long period of time lets say by a factor of 10 then the overall effect after a period of time, say a few months especially over the winter period, would be that the foraging bees would die away naturally (there life time is 7-10 weeks) but there are no more foraging bees to fill the ranks (this is because they are still nurse bees). Additionally the energy that would have been brought back by the foraging bees has now been diminished making the situation even more critical for the hive overall. Inside the hive it would appear as normal. The nursing bees would still be tending the hive and the foraging bees would become more and more notably absent until the criticality point is reached and the hive is completely abandoned when the queen and nurse bees leave the hive.

When chemicals similar to the pheromone eythl oleate are being sprayed on GM crops to act as a defoliant. I am beginning to see a much more powerful link. By the way is the patent holder the same person who was involved in this link -

http://www.nalusda.gov/speccoll/findaids/agentorange/text/03812.pdf

Hmm US army - 1970s - defoliants - Agent Orange

EDIT

Actually the cell phone towers do use the same frequencies and the same power ranges all over the world. I used to tune the frequencies for the circulators that went into the cell base stations. These devices went into all the Cell networks base stations through the world because Semiens, Ericsson and Nokia had most of the cell base stations market even in the USA. All your cell phone providers will be using these companies for the base stations. Almost all cell networks throughout the world now use GSM and the GSM cell phones use frequencies within four different frequency bands :

850 MHz (824.2 - 848.8 MHz Tx; 869.2 - 893.8 MHz Rx)

900 MHz (880-2 - 914.8 MHz Tx; 925.2 - 959.8 MHz Rx)

1800 MHz (1710.2 - 1784.8 MHz Tx; 1805.2 - 1879.8 MHz Rx)

1900 MHz (1850.2 - 1909.8 MHz Tx; 1930.2 - 1989.8 MHz Rx)

Edited by bentirran (04/15/07 06:23 PM)