I just turned 40, and I taking a 1200mg organic blend of Omega 3/6/9 supplements (flax seed oil/borage oil, and purified salmon oil) with meals at least twice a day (sometimes three times per day) for a couple of years.

I try to eat line-caught wild salmon once per week (sometimes canned), but have started eating canned sardines (in a sushi roll) instead of salmon due to pollution concerns.

I take other supplements too; enterically coated baby asprin 2x/day, L-Arginine, CO-Q10, and Red Yeast Rice Extract and plant derived Polyphenols, a small piece of dark chocolate, lots of tea(black/green), small amounts of unsalted nuts and an occasional glass of red wine for the over-all cardio benefits and to maintain healthy cholesterol levels.

I've found it easy and enjoyable to include these foods in my diet and believe that the nutricuetical supplements have been benificial to my heart health, though moderate excercise and good physical conditioning is the most important and benificial contribution of all.

My current cholesterol and blood pressure levels and over-all heart health is good. My father died from a massive heart attack when he was 54.