Swedish Frost Knife – $7.00
Perry whistle – $1.00
Compass - Base Plate Compass Silva copy - $5.00
Map of Park Area Copy is printed off on a Colour Laser – Costs Nothing
British Army Hexamine Stove and Fuel – $3.00
British Army type Mess tin – Aluminum – $2.50 (Bit of a cheat here as a set costs $5.00 but gets 1 pan)
British Army 24hr Ration Pack – $4.00
Re-used PET Bottle with Water – Costs nothing
Polypropylene Groundsheet/Tarp (Orange) with a length of 25' Paracord - $4.00

Total Cost $26.50 , Darn I've not been able to keep to the budget.

With the British Army Ration pack - has over 4000 calories will allow me to keep the hunger at bay for 3-4 days. The ration pack has matches and water purification tabs also. The Hexamine stove and mess tin will even allow me to have hot meals even if there is no wood or combustible materials around. The Swedish Frost knife allows a multitude of obvious survival tasks. With a map a compass I shouldn't get lost anyway and the whistle allows the obvious signaling option. The Brightly coloured Groundsheet/tarp is used for protection against the elements. The Re-used 1.5 litre PET bottle is cheap (costs nothing) and is robust. The bottom of the mess tin can be polished to improvise a signal mirror. I would like to have included a flashlight but the money ran out, I'll just have to build a big roaring fire and tuck into the ration pack during the night whilst under the stars.

In the British 24hr Ration Pack we have the following;

1 x Breakfast meal (in foil boil-in-a-bag packet, encased in a sealed polythene bag for added protection)
1 x Main meal (in foil boil-in-a-bag packet, encased in a sealed polythene bag for added protection)
1 x Dessert meal (in foil boil-in-a-bag packet, encased in a sealed polythene bag for added protection)

1 x Soup, powdered form, in sachet (varying flavours; Beef & Tomato, vegetable, Cream of mushroom, etc, manufactured by "Chequer Foods Ltd")

1 x Meat Pate, such Turkey and Herbs, Chicken and Herbs, etc (in small, ring pull opening, can)
1 x Oatmeal block (A slight exaggeration! It is really just a small Oatmeal biscuit, in metallic green foil packet)
1 packet x Biscuit Browns (approximately 6 in metallic green packet)
1 packet x Fruit Biscuits (approximately 6 in metallic pink or green packet)
1 x Milk chocolate bar (usually a bar manufactured by "A. Gandola & C. S.p.A. of Italy", but sometimes a brand called "Duncans of (Bellishill) Scotland")
1 x Milk chocolate with raisins and cereal bar (usually a brand called "Duncans of (Bellishill) Scotland")
1 packet of Boiled sweets (various fruit flavours, manufactured by "Chequer Foods Ltd")
1 packet of Wrigley’s chewing gum (usually Wrigley’s Extra, but sometimes a smaller packet of Wrigley’s chewing gum in tablet-like form)

1 x Drinking chocolate mix sachet (manufactured by "Eurogran of Kalundborg")
2 x Coffee sachets (manufactured by "Chequer Foods Ltd")
2 x Beverage whitener sachets, for coffee (manufactured by "Chequer Foods Ltd")
4 x Instant white tea sachets (manufactured by "Premier Brands")
8 x Sugar sachets (Manufactured by "Single Service")
1 x Orange or Lemon drink powder sachet (manufactured by "Eurogran of Kalundborg")
1 x Vegetable stock drink sachet (manufactured by "Single Service")

1 packet x Kleenex Tissues (manufactured by "Kleenex")
6 x Water purifying tablets
10 x Water/windproof matches with striker (matches and striker sealed in separate polythene compartments, to prevent accidental striking during packing, handling, and transportation)

Great, I even have some tissues to wipe my nose.

Edited by bentirran (04/14/07 09:37 PM)