Quote:
You might take a look at a Suburu Outback, not really a station wagon but not really a SUV either.

That's what my dad has used as his hunting/fishing vehicle (which means it's his every-day car grin) up in Minnesota. Snow, mud, logging roads, corn fields, slippery boat launches...this thing goes everywhere and he's only been stuck once (that's he's admitted). He's used it to pull other cars out of the places. The back area is big enough to carry an uncut sheet of plywood.

It's also does an amazing job of protecting its passengers. Dad, mom, DW, DD1, and I were in it when we were re-ended at 50 mph by a Ford 250 (we were stopped to make a left turn). It knocked us 15 feet and into a ditch. The Subaru was totalled but the only injuries to us were some scratches on DD1's face. She was in a rear-facing car seat and got showered by broken glass.

Dad went out and immediately bought another Outback (well, after the insurance money came, anyway).

However, if you are really tall test drive it for a while to make sure it fits. I find them a bit cramped, but then I'm 6'5" and 220lbs.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.