>>the main issue is properly cleaning a wound in the field. In most cases you will not be able to properly clean a deep wound in the field and closing that wound with anything from ductape to sutures to super-glue will result in a closed infection leading quickly to gangrene. <br><br>Yes, except that with duct tape, or better yet a proper sterile dressing and bandage, you can change the dressings on a regular basis, and it's important to cover the wound to prevent further infection. You can't change the dressing if the wound is crazy-glued shut. And there are a lot of things that can go wrong with crazy-glue - it's very easy to glue your fingers together; that's inconvenient enough in the field, but it's one of the least hazardous mishaps that can occur. If the tube bursts and it squirts in your eye, which I understand is a fairly common injury, you're going to need an emergency Medevac. I personally would never carry CG in the backcountry.<br><br>Besides, I can't conceive of a wound serious enough to be life-threatening that is small enough to be fixed with CG.