I don't know about everyone else but I'm not a big fan of MOLLE. The problem with a lot of military web gear is that it's only really useful for its original purpose. M16 ammo pouches are notorious. Good for storing ammo but that's about it, I guess. Military load bearing vests present the same problem. The pockets are just too small for any bulkier items. Carrying too much stuff in a vest is not very comfortable either plus it can get pretty hot as it prevents the sweat from evaporating freely. Besides, walking around the woods dressed up like a Navy SEAL wannabe is a little weird to say the least.

I think the older ALICE system is actually a lot more practical for civilian users. My favorite combination is the pistol belt w/ suspenders, buttpack, large 2qt canteen, knife and maybe a small compass pouch. I carry the extra (less critical) gear in the backpack though for a shorter summer trip that might not even be necessary. The buttpack is large enough for a couple of days' supplies, I just add a poncho and I'm good to go.

That Exodus pack looks interesting but it has one major drawback. If the LBV is integrated in the shoulder straps that means pretty much all your equipment is gone the moment you take off your backpack. IMO the big benefit of the ALICE system or equivalent is that all the critical gear stays with you even if you lose the backpack by some chance.