I did some experimentation with various ziplock bags, oven bags, tropical fish bags, and condoms, and posted results here awhile back.<br><br>I, too, was very skeptical of the condom solution, but it worked surprisingly well. No solution that fits in an Altoids tin or a wallet is going to be perfect, but it turns out that just the weight of the water expands the condom, and I think it would be possible to fill it from a seep, hopefully with a little tubing to help.<br><br>The main point of the test was to check for resistance to deterioration from the iodine water purification tablets. The condom was the first to fail, but it lasted weeks... and I'd say there's virtually no chance of any of these containers lasting that long in real use anyway.<br><br>Personally, I prefer some of the other bags for my kits. The oven bags (they no longer seem to be available in small or medium sizes) and tropical fish bags were just about as compact, and I think they are a little sturdier, but most of my objections to the condom idea proved to be unfounded.<br><br>The glass vials from Barry at Blue Line work very well, and they make a huge difference in bulk- they are so tiny that it starts to seem silly not to include them in any kit. I even include the tablets in the urban kits now. Some urban areas have had problems maintaining water purity without any emergency at all- I have little faith in their performance in really bad times.