I guess insofar as what is the fastest production aircraft, it depends on how you define fast. If you say that going from point a to point b in the shortest period of time is the fastest, then perhaps the SR-71, under the conditions you cited, did not get there as quickly as the Lightning. On the other hand, top speed would definitely go to the SR-71. I would say it is about twice as fast as the Lightning ever was, from a top velocity perspective. Unfortunately I cannot say what the top velocity for either craft is, because that is still classified.

Of course, the world record for maximum velocity of a production craft is, or at least was last time I looked, the Challenger, which clocked an impressive Mach 26 at altitude. That is unclassified.

I reckon the only way to convince a skeptic is to send them there and let them see for themselves. According to the mission logs, there was plenty of equipment left behind. Then again, if you went and discovered the truth, one way or another, there would be plenty of skeptics out there who would say you never went, that it is just another hoax.

That is a paradox.