How many people are stocking for, and is this pack just going to be a gear store or is plan B a left foot and a right foot?

Not being familiar with the bottles in question, I can't commend on their robustness. What I would say is buy them sealed and keep them that way. They were pasturized at the factory, breaking seal = messing with that.

Surefires are good if you need a lot of light, but thier battery consumption means you might want a different light for your first choice, but by all means have this around. If you are going to use a Minimag, look at one of the LED conversions. I've found myself liking the Gerber Infinity a lot- size of a shot shell, 20+ hours of light on one AA.

As for food... I wouldn't have touched a 15 year old MRE. Hello, biowar tests. :P

MREs are good because they are ready to go, but super heavy. Dehydrates need prep time and water, but are small and light. I like a mix of the two. A lot of this stuff can be had in the grocery store.

Cans are just heavy.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.