Hi guys
So I have several questions as I make a 72 hour bag, and hoping you can answer. First off, I bought a fairly large school-type backpack to store supplies in. I do have a very nice internal frame pack, but I want to keep that for backpacking; I figure I can switch suppies over if needed.

Anyway, on to the topic:

1) DR says to avoid milk-carton water containers (flimsy, tops pop off, organic material if using milk containers). I'm wondering, since they have 1 gal. containers of water with screw tops, is this advice still 'valid?' I only ask because 2 of these containers nicely fit into my bag.

2) Any suggestions on a flashlight? I've got a 3D Maglite in my truck, a Surefire in my desk, and a minimag in my backpacking supplies. Should I even bother with keeping a light in my supplies then? Or just batteries for one of these?

3) Food. I've got a few cans of stuff, but am thinking that prepacked rations are a smarter idea, weight wise. Any reason why MREs, Backpacker Pantry, or 'survival rations' are better/worse than one of the other choices? I've eaten 15 year old MREs so I know they've got a hell of a shelf life...

Thanks in advance